Tuesday 20 November 2012

Editorial: Ombre Ombre Ombre

Ombre is a big trend this year, and I think that showing it in my look would not only reflect fashion and current trends but also thinking about the landscapes of Tribal Africa and the colours of the skies in images I have seen.

^ I want to show a variation of colours shaded and contoured around the face. This will give references to the landscape and look really effective on camera in my opinion.
^ Here shows another image from the Sahara desert, Africa, and the colours that can be created in the sky, giving me ideas for the colours that I could use within my look.


I also want to look at other Ombre images, from fashion and makeup to give me more ideas on what colours/techniques that I could use within my look.

< These are my own nails and I used a sponge to create this ombre effect. The clashing colours work really well together and I like that they fade into one another really well. Using these colours on the cheeks may make it a bit too pale and pastel-like, however using brighter colours with this method would look really effective in my opinion.





< The shading here is also blended really well, I think that I need to do the designing of my makeup fairly subtly though, as I don't want this to over-power the image.













No comments:

Post a Comment