Friday 16 November 2012

Editorial: Imagery for Editorial look

Collecting images from different sources has really helped my ideas and given me more inspiration. So, I want to gather different images for the editorial look too, as I have not began properly designing these looks yet. 


I want this look to be more of a mix of different tribes within Africa, being very colourful with lots of different textures, detailing and makeup effects on the face. 



< The use of colours is going to be very predominant in my look, I want to use different products on the face and body to express a range of colours and textures. I will also use very bright accessories for example bracelets like these and string necklaces that have a tribal feel




< The colours within this image are also very interesting. I love the contrast on the black where the shadows of the elephants are and the way that the sun creates an orange cast all over the sky. 





                                < The textures within this image are really interesting, the use of dried grass could be visually exciting within my piece, maybe intertwined with parts of the hair? Also the painting that has been put on the face gives me ideas of shapes that I could replicate in my own way.

< Again, another image of dried grasses I really like the idea of using grass within the hair to create texture and an interesting effect on the hair. 















                    
< This image shows a really good use of colours and materials. I love the shapes that have been created in the hair, and I would like to try this in my own look somehow. The use of accessories for this tribe is also really interesting and the string across the chest gives movement within the look, making it really interesting to look at!

                                 < I put this image in to show the varied uses of fabrics that I could show within my look, using it as styling or hair pieces or something similar. I want to go to a fabric shop and look at my different options with the styling of my shoot. Because this is for an editorial look, I can be more imaginative with the styling and not need to worry about the ease of movement etc. 

< I just wanted to add this image for the use of styling and the accessories within this image. I like how the whole styling choices flow with one an other from the headdress to the necklaces and then the cloth at the bottom, they all seem to work really well together.


 < The use of feathers also gives a really nice effect within the image. If grass does not work well for my, or if I need something else within the hair, I want to look at using a variety of colours of feathers to add to the hair.






< The hair in this image is really inspiring for me. I love the use of thread within the hair and the way that it has been wrapped to create structure and an interesting shape. The use of red within the image really stands out and gives so many connotations of love, danger, anger etc., while the gold gives thoughts of money, 'richness', and luxury.


No comments:

Post a Comment