Thursday 15 November 2012

Catwalk: Inuit inspiration and imagery

For my catwalk look, I want to use research that isn't as obvious as using fashion images, original images or images from the museum. I really want to work on making the model look cold, not in her expression but in her skin tone and the makeup that I use. Below shows a collection of inspiration that I drew from my Pinterest page.


< I love all of the colours in this photo, and how the colours are all so cool but the light shining seems to warm up the image and create an interesting focal point. 







< The range of colours in this image are really effective in my opinion. The whites leading down to the dark blue in an ombre effect signals a very current trend for me. Also, the pastel colours in the background on the skyline could be really effective within my makeup look, and I may think about this for the actual backdrop of my image. 



< Talking about the pastel colours in the skyline of this image made me think of the Northern Lights. I love the way all of the colours that blend into one and have started to think about colours blending into one another on the face. 






< The thread all intertwined like this reminds me of hair and gives me ideas of the way that I can style it. I like the idea of all of the hair being scraped up from the back to the hairline to create one large plait across the head.













< The texture of fur will really show through in my images in my opinion. I think that I need to use fur in some way      so that I am showing the inuit tribe in a more literal way. I also think that it will add to the 'cold' effect of my look.





< Again, the colours with the contrast of the water flowing is really effective. I love the small parts of ice but the shading of the water and how there is motion in the image. I could emulate this image by showing my brushstrokes on my model.




No comments:

Post a Comment