Wednesday 14 November 2012

Catwalk: Makeup Designs

I chose this image to design my look on as I feel that it would be easier to show whites onto a skin colour. I wanted to use the same face throughout for these designs as I think that it would show the development better and show all of my ideas easily!


This look that I designed started as a facechart, and I really like the structured eyebrows and lines that frame the eyes. I think that the structured shapes reference the wall art that the inuits produced. I have researched these wall drawings and shown them in my previous posts. I also like the shading on the cheekbones and think this would be effective if it was a silvery colour with a glittery sheen to it.


The image below shows my idea of what the template would look like on an actual model's face. I really like the simplicity of the white on the skin, and the pinky lips give a frosty effect. 


I also tried this design with blue eyebrows. I really like the idea of using blue within the piece, and think that against 'cold-looking' skin, this would look really effective. 


My hair designs for the looks above is shown below. I really want to use fishtail plaits within my looks, and really like the idea of it looking very messy but fashionable at the same time. I want the french-fishtail to go across the forehead and the hair to then be swept to the side and fishtail plaited again. I also want to fasten the plaits with threads that look like pieces of suede or something similar to this, I think that it would really link in with the Inuit tribe. 


Below: A side view of my hair ideas.


I also wanted to show some other designs that I produced when developing the above look, some of these I prefer more than others, so I think that it would be helpful for me to outline what I like and what I don't about each picture:

- I really like the outline of the lips, and how simple it is.
- I dislike the liner around the eye as I feel that it almost gives an Aztec feel to it. 
- I fear that the lips will not look as effective as they do on the image as they would on an actual model.


- I really like the details on the lips and how they look like they are really shiny just with the two lines drawn on them.
- The lines on the eyes are effective in illuminating them and creating an interesting but simple pattern.
- I think that it is far too simple and that I can showcase my techniques better than this.


- I really like the white lips in this image however I do not think that this would be effective on my model. 
- The lines of the eyes are too elegant and I envisage my look to be much more fierce and structured. 


- Again, I feel that the lines around the eyes give more of an Aztec influence and I do not think that this shows my idea at all.
- I really like the outline of the lips and think that it gives a more 3D painting look. 


I think that this image (below) is one of my favourite designs that I have done, however it gives me a lot of issues with how it would actually be applied onto the model. I would have worries that the white on the lids of the eyes are more like white eyeshadow when being applied and would not look as quirky as it does on the screen. I really like the white eyelashes on the bottom and think that it really influences the texture of snow and the idea of frosting on the eyelashes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment