Monday 8 October 2012

Initial storyboard


This is my first storyboard for the Tribal project. 
Although it is a huge mish mash of different tribes and contemporary fashion images/historical recordings of tribes, I wanted to show all different ones that caught my eye and made me inspired in different ways. I am intrigued by all of the colours used, the rich pigment and the patterns, but also the texture of the fur and hair in the Inuit images and the use of sepia and black and white. I also used a complete variety of images too because I do still want to create two different looks of tribes in my two different shoots. I think that this will provide a very creative outcome and show my skills with two different ideas, the use of colour and the use of texture and materials being just two key points that I would like to show.
The idea of Bodypainting has also started to really interest me. I want to try some pieces out on different models relating to the tribal theme and I will post the outcome here. This may not be used in my final shoots however I want to experiment with colours and designs and see how I get on with drawing freehand/with stencils etc.


1 comment:

  1. There is nothing wrong with 'mashing' all the cultural references together. They make for an intriguing mix.

    ReplyDelete