Monday 22 October 2012

What next?

I have decided that I need to write down my progress so far when it comes to research and how I feel about the project, also where I think that I am heading with regards to the design process and the looks that I want to ultimately produce. 

I know that within my brief I need to hand in:

- 1 Wild Kingdom storyboard.
- 2 Character moodboards (1 Editorial, 1 Catwalk).
- 2 images for Wild Kingdom catwalk (1 focussed on makeup, 1 focussed on hair).
- 2 images for Wild Kingdom editorial (1 focussed on makeup, 1 focussed on hair).
- A link to my blog (minimum of 20 pages of visual research via the blog. Pages must explain my design progressions and include several makeup templates for each character to evidence how they have evolved. The blog must include reflective text throughout.
- 250 word evaluative statement.
- Makeup and Hair technical file sign off sheet. 

Although I am still going through the research process, I think that it is important to start deciding on the themes and looks that I would like to produce in both the Editorial and Catwalk look. This will really help me and my work to guide me through and make me focus on different things for different tribes etc. I want to create a few sentences for both Catwalk and Editorial that give me guidelines on the next step of research. The research will then be more honed in and make more sense with the direction that I wish to go in. 

I will be posting soon on the direction that I will take, the sentences may be fairly vague and my final outcome may have completely digressed from this however this will be shown gradually throughout my further research and design processes. I also want to document my models on here within the next few days so that I can start to think about what I could do with their faces, bodies and hair. 

I think that this post and the next couple of posts will really help me to set out a plan for the next few weeks and help me to keep to a time schedule too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment