Sunday 14 October 2012

Painting Animals!



These images have shocked me completely. I did not know or think for one second that tribes painted on their animals! I think that it shows that makeup really can be applied to anything and anyone, and that it can make a big impact on the eye, and also make you look twice. 
Reading the text below the images I found out that the bodypainting is applied to these animals for both aesthetic and protective reasons. The sign of a handprint on an animal is 'an ancient motif intended to protect cattle from danger'. The paintings are used on the camel as signs of ownership too. This shows something interesting about asian tribes and proves that the members are very artistic, because of the designs shown on the camel, a simple design on the nose could have been done, but this is more thought out and inventive! I love the idea of this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment