Friday 5 October 2012

Wow.

This image has given me so much inspiration to experiment with colour and techniques of makeup. It is so striking and eye catching and I would love for my images and designs to have the same effect. The use of styling with the bright accessories complimenting the bright makeup is very effective and successful in giving the theme of Tribal and Wild Kingdom across. 
I found the image on RANKIN.co.uk, research made me find out this image was also by makeup artist Ayami Nishimura. The collaboration between Rankin and Nishimura is outstanding, the use of different makeup techniques with the creative photography by Rankin really work well together and give many different outcomes within the collection. This image really stands out at me not only because of its tribal influence, but the bright neon colours used and the whole mis-en-scene of the image and how well all of the aspects work together. 
I have started to think about what tribes I would like to base my looks on and feel that I would like to do one look which includes lots of colours and fabrics and another that relates more to a very different tribe like the inuits (eskimos). I feel that I would be able to show two very different looks in the two shoots and that this would enable me to show a wide variation of my skills and creativity. I still have a long way to go when it comes to research and design, but I am glad that I have gained some insight into what I would like to do in the two separate shoots.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I am enjoying the visual references on this blog, but you must now focus on original visual references to tribes. This is very fashion focused, and the danger is that you will base your understanding on the interpretations of other designers.

    I suggest that you start by going to the library, not the internet! The text and visuals will inform your understanding and give you a unique approach to design development.

    ReplyDelete