Wednesday 17 October 2012

Transfers

Transferring an image onto the body gives a very interesting effect. I chose my image from a magazine (non-glossy) and cut out the design that I wanted to place onto my models skin. I chose this crayon design because I wanted to see how different colours imprinted onto the skin, and the strongest colours against my models skin tone. 



Then, using a nail varnish remover that contains acetone, I pressed the design onto my models skin and rubbed a cotton wool pad over the reverse of the image, until it was completely soaked.


Because some of the parts weren't completely covered, I decided to try out two different products to colour in the rest of the image. I used my Aquacolours at first and saw that these did not give a very good effect. The bold colour works really well against the skin, but the lack of shading and highlight gives a very unrealistic look. 


Because of this error, I then decided to use the Supracolours instead. These worked much better, as you can see from the last two crayons on the right, the green and the blue. By using the Supracolours I was able to do more of a painting technique and use different pressures and amounts of product depending on how dark I wanted that section to be.


A close up of the two successful paintings.


When it comes to relating this to my project, I think that it could work very well with different patterns and could be used as a form of stencil instead of drawing freehand all of the time. I could use a transfer to place faint lines of the design on the desired area and 





No comments:

Post a Comment